Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wednesday

Nothing exciting happening here...I have felt better today than yesterday (I can tell now). I did a few things yesterday, but I really didn't feel great from the time I woke up. I took a bath yesterday (all by myself) and I guess I held my arm up too long - trying to keep it dry - and it was REALLY sore last night. I even took Tylenol -- haven't done that in a while! Like I said, I feel pretty good.
We finally got the piano moved from my mom's house to ours. It was originally my Grandmother Trader's and my brother wanted it, but he said for us to go ahead and use it until they had more room since Emee needs one to practice on now. I have known that for a while now, but we have been a little pre-occupied! The other day, something was said about the piano and Kendie said, "We need to call the Piano Removers!"...so I finally did. I must say, it looks really great in our living room!!
Exciting days at the Stacy house...anyone is welcome to come keep me company!! :o)

5 things that make me smile:

Lara said...

ah, man, I'd love to come and keep you company!

Anonymous said...

Kay,
Isn't it great to take a bath all by yourself ? I measured my progress by being able to shave both legs during one shower session! I'm continuing to pray for you.
Susan in SC =D
Psalm 121

Anonymous said...

sounds like things are (little by little) getting back to normal.... you know my mantra... "day by day, inch by inch..."... and I'm hearing it in your words. A bath on your own, a piano for Emee to practice.... little by little.

Btw, how many apple dumplin's did you want me to have for you? I'll just glue them to my hips!

xoxo
Phyl

Debbi said...

Kay - hope you are feeling better and have more strength today. Remeber that your body is like a finely tuned race car - it needs lots of TLC! Think Ferrari!

Debbi

Dara Freed said...

Kay,

Hi its Dara! My sisters told me about your story and blog when I was in the hospital. Thank you for all your kind words of inspiration in regards to my recovery. I got home late Wed night and slept most of Thur in between my IV infusions. I hear we are PICC twins. I have 5 infusions throughout the day, so far so good. Your story touched my heart deeply. Your family and yourself are beautiful inside and out. You are so courageous in your journey. It has given me strength to read your words. It is nice to know you have traveled this AN experience before me with such grace. I hope your recovery from this surgery goes well and God heals you completely. This to shall pass and we will both be stronger in our love and faith because of it. Please let me know if you have any questions about the PICC. I am a nurse and I am use to dealing with them. Could be worse and we could be stuck in the hospital finishing our antibiotics. Thank you for your spirit and love of life. Love, Dara (AN SURVIVOR BUDDY)