Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dr.'s Appointment

OK...so that the pictures are on the post below...remember, I warned you that they weren't pretty!! We went to the Dr. today to get my staples/stitches out. I was hoping that there would be someone there that looked as bad as me, but no...not even a blemish!! :o) Dr. Byrne (just love that man) was very pleased with everything so far (how can he really tell already?). He seems to think that there is already movement so he was VERY EXCITED (as are we!)! Some of the stitches dissolve which we were glad b/c we didn't think that they were ready to be totally gone. The "dis solvable" ones are light though so you can't see them! Glad for a good report -- headed home to see my girlies in the morning! :o)

8 things that make me smile:

Anonymous said...

KAY,
I CAN LOOK PAST THE BRUISING AND SWELLING. YOU ALREADY LOOK GREAT. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SO HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS. YOU ARE SMILING.
ANGIE.(CROOKEDSMILE)
I READ YOUR POST EVERY DAY.

Anonymous said...

When you look at the pictures of you on your blog in your slide show and compare them to your new mouth, you can definitely see the difference already. Just think how great you are going to look when all of the swelling subsides! You need to post weekly pictures so we can all see the transformation. Thanks for sharing your journey with us each day.
Love ya,
Ruth Ann

melynn said...

You have healed so quickly Kay. It has been such a joy to get to know you and Dave and to watch you recover. This entire process has been amazing to me!! Thank you for showing me God's glory in your life.

I'm praying for safe travels back to Texas!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, KAY!!! You look beautiful! I was thinking your lips look like Angelina Jolie's and then Alex came and looked at your pictures and said, "she has lips like Angelina Jolie's!" Excellent!! So happy for you. I hope you continue to feel better. Love you so much!

Shari

stacy said...

Thank you so much for sharing your journey. I am a friend of Laura Smith and she told me about your blog because I had an acoustic neuroma as well. I know you are bruised and swollen, but you already look great! Thanks again-I have been reading your blog everyday....I am very interested in your surgery.

Anonymous said...

Kay! OMG!!!! It looks fab!!!! You can already tell the difference (from past pics I've seen!) OMG! If you could only see the joy I am experiencing for you!!!!!! Hun, I can already tell you are on the right road!!! Tickled, tickled, tickled!

Onward and upward to wellness!!!
Phyl

Glenda said...

K
You look wonderful! You can really see the difference already!!
I am soooo excited for you. You do so deserve this! Take care sweetie! Hope you and Dave have a safe flight home, I know the girls can hardly wait for you to get there. I am so happy for you!
Glenda

Anonymous said...

K -

although the pictures aren't "pretty" I can definitely see what the end result will be and I think it's very exciting! Despite the bruising and swelling, you really do look marvelous.

Jan