Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday

HELLO!!
Well, I am not quite as tired...that's a good thing! :o) BUT, I have done NOTHING! I have truly sat in bed the whole weekend...I have missed 4 soccer games (Addi & Kendie) and Emee's 1st track meet. Right now, Emee is at KidzPraize and everyone else is at soccer -- the house is SSSSOOOOO quiet! I am feeling pretty good -- a little nauseous this afternoon -- except for still being a bit wigged out by the PICC line. Dave is a GREAT nurse and very good at doing my IV's. I am on an 8 and 8 schedule -- in the AM, I just do one bag that takes about an hour and 15 minutes. At night, I do that and then another that takes about 30 minutes. Dave will be hooking me up of a morning and then working from home until he "undoes" me and then he will go on in to work. What a sweetie! I have complete confidence in him -- I think the main reason that I don't like the PICC is that they apparently hit a nerve when they were putting it in. I had a HORRIBLE pain (like an electric shock) all the way from the top of my arm to my hand. Now, if I move my arm the wrong way, I get a shock -- apparently it is still too close or resting on that nerve. The lady that trained Dave said she didn't want me moving that arm too much b/c she doesn't want me to have permanent nerve damage (yeah, me too!) and it HURTS! So basically, I can't do much so I just sit around. My face is doing LOTS better -- the swelling has REALLY gone down. The "hard spot" is still there so I am hoping that that will start going down now that the other is clearing up! Emee made me a Neverland Sandwich (PB&J) for dinner last night cut in heart shapes -- so sweet! Her Peter Pan book had the recipe. Apparently it said to "Ask an adult first." Emee ask my mom & then said, "I don't why you have to ask an adult - it's JUST a PB&J!!!" Nothing much else to report!
Have a good week! :o)

4 things that make me smile:

Anonymous said...

hi Kay
it's laura's friend, stacy, again. After my acoustic neuroma
I ended up with meningitis and sent home with a PICC line.
I totally relate to it freaking you out! I remember seeing the xray of where it was and wanting to take it out myself!:-)
I couldnt believe when it was time to have it removed that the home health nurse just took it out AT MY HOUSE! I was like "are you authorized to do that?" I hope you are feeling better. You were sooo smart to be persistent with your follow up care. Take care and God bless!

Anonymous said...

Kay,

I haven't checked your blog in a while so I'm so sorry to hear about your infection and your return to the hospital. But as usual you are still upbeat and strong! I am praying that everything gets better soon and that you'll be feeling more like yourself in no time at all. I know it's hard to hit bumps in the recovery road, but you will get through this and it will all be OK. I am keeping you in my prayers. Stay strong and gets lots of rest!!

Shalla

Debbi said...

Kay-

Keep doing all the things you're doing! And, give your curly girlies big hugs. I'm sending lots of positive energy your way. (But, not my handy-parents...)

Debbi

Anonymous said...

Ya know, Kay... PB&J's will cure anything that ails ya! :) Hang in there hun.... onward and upward to wellness.... me just feels it! :)

xo
Phyl