Friday, April 18, 2008

home

Am home...am exhausted (do we see a PATTERN here -- it is one I don't much care for!)...more later, but good to be home. Dave learned how to do my IV's and they say I'll do that for about 2 weeks. Things don't usually "stress" me but this is a little much for me -- I just can't really wrap my mind around it yet & make it OK...I think it is more the PICC line than the IV. I know that today is 3 weeks and so I should be putting up a picture, but I think we will skip that until the infection looks better, OK? Later....

3 things that make me smile:

Anonymous said...

ya know, Kay.... In the brief time I have had to get to know you, your resilience and mental strength is amazing! I know from where it stems and I commend you for hanging tough through this bump in the road. No worries about the piccies.... you know I'm sending the daily dose of hugglezzzzz. Please hang in there. BTW, has Dave tried on a dr's uniform yet? hey.... may be fun, ya think? ;-)

xo
Phyl

Lara said...

And, K-A-Y you make a good point...it's been only THREE WEEKS. So sorry about the infection though. "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD"

Loving you-
L-A-R-A

Scott & Erica said...

hang in there. when my oldest son was almost 3 he had a picc line in for a little over a month. it did stress me at first a little but eventually it became very "normal" for him. now, 3 years later, it is gone and only you mentioning it made me think of it.
i will pray for a speedy recovery from the infection and fast healing from the surgery.
erica