Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Wednesday Night

This is sure different for us since we are always at church on Wednesday nights - about this time I am usually helping Vicki clean-up the kitchen from the meal she fixes each week. I guess I haven't been much help the last few weeks...sorry, Vicki! I am feeling pretty good. I took a bath today - it went much better than the last shower (Monday) when I got very nauseous. Today I wasn't nauseous at all until long AFTER the bath the afternoon. It just comes and goes -- I think it all has to do with the whole liquid diet, too much medicine and trying to get used to real food again...I know it will get better. We go back to the Dr. tomorrow afternoon to get the stitches out and make sure everything is going OK. I will probably try to do pictures after that. Remember, I still look AWFUL - just better than the few days ago. Melynn didn't come yesterday and she thought I looked even better tonight. She was able to come hang out for a while before her Bible Study that she does on Wednesday nights. She said she would miss us when we leave -- we will miss her too -- we have REALLY enjoyed getting to know her and have had some great discussions! She got me a Johns Hopkins hat to wear on the plane - I didn't even think about bringing one o wear home and I thought that a JH's one would be only fitting! Better run - Dave & I are going to try to watch a DVD!

3 things that make me smile:

Glenda said...

Kay, I'm so sorry that you are still feeling nauseous, hopefully that will go away soon as you gradually start eating whole food. You're still in my prayers! I know you, Dave and the girls are ready for you to be back home. Let us know when you have arrived. I'm ready for the pics! I'm sure you are looking better each day. God Bless You Sweetie!

Anonymous said...

I know you still feel like crud, but sending you the infamous healing huggles... and good luck at your appt!

xoxo
Phyl

melynn said...

Loved our discussions and laughs together!!