Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tuesday

Well...the good news is that I think that I am starting to FEEL a little bit better -- I don't collapse into bed every time after I do something! You have to look for the little victories, I guess! I went back to the Infectious Disease doctor yesterday and did the whole routine again. Dave & I were pretty set on insisting that someone drain my face or we were going elsewhere UNTIL the doctor said that the CT scan from the hospital show "normal post operative tissue." We'd never heard those results -- that kind of took the wind out of our sails because we couldn't insist on draining something that wasn't "drainable"!! The doctor ordered another CT scan and he indicated that it would be done there at the Diagnostic Clinic, but then the nurse said it would be at the hospital so that if it needed draining, the radiologist could do it right then. She set it up & called & told me it would be today at 12:30 at the hospital. I wasn't to eat anything and only have liquids this morning in case they needed to work on me. I got there and they took me to the same place I had the CT scan a week and a half ago. I knew that the lady looked at me kind of funny when something was said about them maybe draining it -- turns out, that if that were going to happen, it would have to be booked at another place in the hospital that does the procedures and I wasn't booked there and they couldn't do it today anyway!! They went ahead and did the scan - the girl put a STAT on it & said that Dr. Milton would have the results this afternoon. Once again, there may be NOTHING to drain! I am beginning to think that the "hard spot" is just scar tissue that will go down in time and that the infection is TOTALLY independent of it (even though we were SOO careful with everything). Even though the scar is still yucky and draining, I think maybe it is getting some better. At least that whole side of my face is not swollen like it was when I was in the hospital. AND Dr. Milton said from the get-go that I would be on IV for AT LEAST 2 weeks. Maybe we are just impatient! I FINALLY get my hair colored on Friday and she will fix it good...who knows it might be a small "reveal" -- that will be 5 weeks from the original surgery!! :o)

1 things that make me smile:

Anonymous said...

hun, as a former (yet, still licensed) hairdresser, I can honestly share (as many of you know) that nothing makes you feel better than a little self-primping. Hair, medi/pedi, bubble baths, etc... you do what it takes to help lift those spirits. You constantly do for others, so a little "good selfish" is just what the dr's ordered. I know this has been a VERY difficult ride, but you know the hugglezzz and the prayers and thoughts and yes, addiction to apple dumplin's, is all being done in your honor. BTW, maybe I will drive by to pick you up on Sunday for the brunch? Ya know, not such a bad thought, eh? ;)

Hugglesssss.... major hugglessss.

Phyl