Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday Morning...

AAAHHHH...coffee - there is just not a lot better in this world! Last night went much better - thanks for all your prayers. I slept on the little couch - I just seem to do better there. The anesthesia is doing the exact thing it did when I had my thyroid out -- it is going to take a while getting it out of my system so I get a lot of "little" sleeps. However, they are already getting longer & longer. Hopefully by the time we return home, that will all be gone! Melynn said last night that she thought that I looked, "SO MUCH better!" That got a whole hearted chuckle from me - I guess it is all relative!! I guess I look "better" but still have a long wa to go! When I registered, I filled out all these papers (& then they called me the night before & ask me all the same questions) -- one of the questions is that they are trying to stop spousal abuse. They ask me if I struggled with that problem -- I said no and chuckled and said that I probably would LOOK like it though when I fly home next week!! I just thought that was kind of funny...We are watching the Waltons right now! I LOVE the Waltons -- Grandpa always reminded me of Daddy!! I'll write more later! :o)

5 things that make me smile:

Anonymous said...

well, it sounds like I need to fresh grind some Hawaian peaberry coffee to help the cause! As for the spousal abuse.... yeah, right... just tell them your eye can't open cuz Dave just has at you! geesh!!!!! Grampa Walton? Ok, what was his real name?

Massive huggles Kay!!!! We're cheering you on and thank you for taking time to keep us updated! Hang in there.....

Phyl/ANA

Anonymous said...

Kay, I'm so glad to hear that you are doing well. Recovery can be rough but God gives us strength to get thru. Can't wait to see the results I know it will be beautiful. Please know that you are in my prayers. In Christian Love, Judy

Anonymous said...

Kay, From the sounds of it you are feeling better and wonderful news that you are able to sleep more now. I hope it continues to get better and better. The first week is always the worst. Still praying for you that you have a speedy recovery!!! I just know you are going to have good results when all the healing is over. Enjoy the view from the window and enjoy watching the Waltons ;-) Thank you for the updates!! Glenda

Texas Dimons said...

Glad to hear you are recovering well. You're in my prayers.
Jenn

Anonymous said...

I love the Waltons. What channel did you find them on? Grandpa is one of my favorites also!

I am so glad you are feeling a little better today and I hope that it gets allot better each day. Hang in there and try to enjoy your recovery the best you can.

Tell Dave he is a wonderful care taker and a great blogger. Thank him from me for the updates and he posted so quick.

Take care of yourself and now that your bandage is off maybe you can have those forehead kisses now.

Kim

PS I enjoyed our talk today and you sounded almost like yourself.