Thursday, March 6, 2008

Jim Brickman Concert

Last night Dave & I went to the Jim Brickman concert here in town. Dave gave me the tickets for my Valentine's Day present (I'm spoiled, what can I say?). I used to always play his CD's in my classes while the kiddos were working (especially writing). Even though I am from here, I was not real excited when we first moved back here because we LOVED living in Austin. He was in concert here and I said it was a "sign" I should move back here (there were others). Anyway, he puts on a GREAT show & I would recommend it to anyone if he is in your area. Not just that he is such a talented performer, but he is SO funny too!! We got there & I told Dave that I almost wished that we had brought Emee (our rising star at piano) so she could see what someone could REALLY do with piano. He came out & started and he was SSSSSSOOOOOOOO dramatic! Dave & I just looked at each other as he had NOT been this expressive the last time we saw him and I said, "Good thing we didn't bring Emee!!" He played a couple of numbers and after a while he talked about his "expressions" because he said he knew everyone was wondering (he was right!). At the intermission, you could turn in a card (which basically put your name on the mailing list, I am sure), but it had a place for questions or requests and they would try to read/fulfill them in the 2nd half of the show. If your card was read on stage, it would be put in a drawing for a FREE Jim Brickman cruise. I had filled mine out & I had included the story about how we were glad that we hadn't brought Emee -- I just thought that he might read it after the show & get a kick out of it. After the intermission, they began reading the cards & answering questions...all the sudden I hear, "...& this one is from Kay." It went something like this: "We thought about bringing our daughter to this. BOY, are we glad we didn't (you should have seen JB's face at this point!!). We have enough problems keeping her feet still while she practices. Not to mention that she might give her teacher a black eye (he finishes with huge flourishing gestures)..." The place was roaring (I was crying I was laughing so hard -- I couldn't believe they read it!) -- the lady (Ann Cochran) was hamming it up doing his gestures. It was crazy!! Anyway, the best thing is I am now in a drawing for a free cruise -- I don't feel the need to go on a Jim Brickman cruise, but if it is FREE, bring it on!! :o)

0 things that make me smile: