Monday, March 24, 2008

Trying to get everything done...

I am taking a short break (kind of - I still am doing laundry!) from all the "stuff" I have been trying to get done today. I started the day by getting my pre-op work done at my PCP's office. Thank goodness they were able to get me in on such incredibly short notice! I got everything done except AFTER they had me all hooked up to the EKG machine, they discovered that it wasn't working!! They were supposed to call me this afternoon after it was repaired, but I never heard from them! Maybe tomorrow...I have written notes to the girlies teachers/school and will talk to Kendie's teachers tomorrow. I have also trying to square away some basketball stuff as I am the "Team Mom" and in charge of all the money. I called the insurance and tried to plead my case about how they pay COMPLETELY for reconstruction on BOTH sides after a mastectomy (where only the significant other sees that) but not on your face (which the WHOLE WORLD sees daily). She told me that that was because of CANCER (not very nicely) to which I replied, "Oh, mine was because of a BRAIN TUMOR!" I can and will appeal it, but we will still have to pay up front for the brow lift. Which brings me to another point, I have decided to go ahead with that -- after much prayer and discussion. Dave assures me that it will be OK, but I am going to feel REALLY bad if I have to start feeding my girlies Ramen noodles because we spent all our money on my FACE!!! More later...I have to get Emee to a birthday party (that we haven't even gotten a gift for!)!

0 things that make me smile: