Wednesday, March 19, 2008

SUGERY DATE

I have so much to write & so many pictures to put on here, but for now I will tell you about my Dr. visit today at Johns Hopkins. In a nutshell, I am having the T3 surgery on March 28th -- YES, 1 WEEK from FRIDAY!! They had no openings until May or June. Dr. Byrne actually doesn't usually do surgeries on Fridays, but that is when they worked me in!! SUPER quick, but it was now or never. My jaw muscles on the right side are not as strong as they are on the left (that is what they attach the tendon to), but he still thinks there will be benefit from doing it. I figure that I have nothing to lose...& if you know me, if I can, I will be trying to strengthen those muscles!!!! All that to say that I may not have the dramatic smile results that I would like, but still should gain some movement -- it should look better, especially at rest. He also thinks that I would benefit from a browlift on both sides (to help the right side) and maybe changing out my eye weight to platinum. HOWEVER, we are still praying & deciding on that -- I have had SOOOOOOO much trouble w/ my eye over the years and since I finally have it more under control, I don't know if I want to mess w/ it. I have already called to get a consultation w/Dr. Munden when I get back. I will be here in Baltimore a week (hospital 1 night) and then he said a 3-4 week recovery. I asked him if that was 3-4 weeks feeling bad or just looking bad -- he said just looking bad -- to which I replied that wouldn't stop me!!! That's really all I can think of now -- I am very tired just from all the travel the last few days! I'll write later to tell about the trip here and about the parrot accosting (?) me this morning...

5 things that make me smile:

Anonymous said...

That is great news! I can not believe that it will be so soon. I wish I could of course come take care of you. I can tuck you in and give you more blankets if you need them. Of course there will be prayers and lots of forehead kisses each day.

I will be waiting for your story about the parrot. I saw the news last night and was quite worried about you with all the wacky weather. I wasn't sure if you made it there or not. Happy Anniversary and enjoy your alone time. When do you come back?

Anonymous said...

forehead kisses, eh? Is that who I think it is? :)

Phyl here again... Kay, following along, as you know. Please make reminders to the AN gang so we will all be in "Piratitude" clothes to cheer you on next week! This is very exciting and I'm thrilled for you! Sending those infamous healing "Beanie Toots" and major hugglez!

Hang tough!
Phyl (ANA)

Anonymous said...

K - that's great news! I can't wait to hear how it all goes. When do you leave for Baltimore?
Lori

Shalla said...

Hi Kay,

This is such great news! I'm sure you are excited, but nervous too. I certainly hope all goes well and works out great for you. You are an amazing person, and I just know this is going to go well for you becuase you deserve it. I'll be praying for the best possible outcome!

Shalla

Anonymous said...

Yes Phyl it is 16 or aka Kim. I forgot that my comment comes up anonymous. Ooopsie.