Thursday, May 29, 2008

9 weeks tomorrow & GREAT Dr. visit!!




So these aren't the best pictures because I am very tired, but I just couldn't wait to get these up -- I wanted to share my new face with the whole world!! I went to the Infectious Disease doctor today and he RELEASED me - no more antibiotics (after 6 weeks of being on them). When Dave packed my face last night, he couldn't get the packing to stay in so I wondered if we were nearing the end. The doctor and nurse confirmed that we were FINISHED packing! YEAH!!!! I still have to wear a band aid, but NO MORE WHITE PATCHES!!! I took the top picture with no bandage- just so everyone could see what the finished product might look like! We went to dinner to celebrate (don't tell Dave but it was just a good excuse not to cook! :o) )!! WHOO-HOO!!!! I told Dave that I think that I am even happier with the results since I had to go through all this...it has been a LONG haul, but I am glad I did it and I think it will be worth it! :o)

4 things that make me smile:

Anonymous said...

When I had you on the phone and heard/felt the excitement in your words and voice... and now I see why! OMG! It looks fabulous! Kay, you are a beauty! What a great job, what great news! the bloke and I send the wishes (btw, you liked his Brit accent???) and hun, honestly.... I couldn't be more happy for you! the pics look great (even for a tired ....MOM! ;) )

Congrats Kay! Onward and upward!

xo
Phyl

Debbi said...

Kay - you look so beautiful! I got tears in my eye (singular!) just looking at these pictures. What an amazing journey you've had. And, btw, your curly girls take after their mom - all beautiful. And how cool thatAddi is donating her hair - no wonder you are so proud.

Kay, enjoy a wonderful weekend - and get out and show that perfect face off, okay?

Debbi

Anonymous said...

I think you are very beautiful indeed! I love the straight hair look for the girls. How long did that take you? It will be so much fun when they go off to prom and I can not wait for those pictures. It will be sooner than you think. Kisses to your forehead and your little tiny bandage.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Kay, you look fantastic! And your girls are beautiful with or without curls. Tell Addi what a great thing she's doing for Locks of Love. You've obviously raised some very sweet, compassionate kids. You have every right to be proud!

Lori