Sunday, May 18, 2008

7 Weeks




So here is a before and after (now) picture. I am 7 weeks out and would LOVE to post a picture without that beautiful white bandage, but at least I got my hair done. Maybe I will get more movement when all of the swelling/packing/problems are gone but I think you can see that some improvement was made. I'm wondering about the weight change and if Dr. Byrne will want to "tweek" that a bit, but that is the least of my problems right now! Overall, I am pleased with the difference in my smile - especially in my resting mouth. Again, these aren't the best pictures, but I thought this blog was getting a bit boring with just updates all the time. Soon I will add some pictures of the girlies. We have been super busy (yesterday we had 3 basketball games and a piano recital) and this week we have a ballet recital (& dress rehearsal) and preschool graduation. The recital & graduation are both Thursday night but this year one is at 7 and the other at 8:30 so we can make both! Then we have to be at the airport at 6:00 Friday morning to get the 1st flight out to Houston for my appointment at 12. I hope I get good news!! The HHC nurses say it is closing up more & more each day and have contacted the office in Houston - I only get it packed once a day now!

7 things that make me smile:

Anonymous said...

K -

You look AMAZING! I know it's been a tough road, but now everyone can see your beautiful "outside" smile to match your beautiful "inside" smile. And you 'do looks great too! 3 little girls and no grey hair - now that's amazing!

Lori

Anonymous said...

Kay,
You look absolutely beautiful. I am amazed at all you have been through since I spoke with you at the airport on your initial trip to Boston. You should be proud of yourself, your husband, and your girls for having the faith and strength to endure all you've been through.
You must keep posting pictures so we can continue to see the progress. I hope to see you around town to see the "real deal." My love and prayers are with you and your family. Lynn Lee

Anonymous said...

Kay,

You should only be able to see my happy tears for you! Oh, hun, you look absolutely fabulous (btw, LUFF the coiff as well!). Hun, what a LONG road this has been but oh, my word, look at you! I am SO dang proud of you! You hang tough, you are doing great... and truly.... happy tears to see such a beautiful lady... inside and out!

xoxo

Texas Dimons said...

OK...WOW! You look great! Love the hair! (oh and the smile too!! :) So close to being done! You look amazing. Tell Dave hi!

Anonymous said...

Kay,

Your pal here in CA! You look amazing!!! Your such a beautiful soul with a beautiful smile. I am so happy with your success and I bet your ready for the packing to be over. Have a wonderful summer. I am doing well-rash is almost gone, just dealing with some daily headaches and fatigue. Your such an inspiration for me with all you have been through and your amazing spirit. Were both PICC free-YEAH showers and your hair looks hot! Dara Freed

Anonymous said...

Kay, I think you emailed me on my yahoo, which ended up in my "spam" folder and got deleted..... hoping you see this and please resend! My bad! :(

BTW, still love the coif and... most importantly, how beautiful you are inside and out! :)

xo
Phyl

Scott & Erica said...

amazing!