Friday, May 23, 2008

Dr. visit

Hello from Houston!
We got here OK with no major problems except that we were VERY tired. I guess Dave & I got about 3 hours of sleep last night. After the Dr. and pharmacy, we came back to Grandma & Grandad's house and CRASHED (even though the girlies were DYING to go swimming!). I really think that I could have slept until tomorrow morning, but I made myself get up & rejoin the world this afternoon. I went to see Dr. Brissett at noon and got good news. He is very pleased with the healing process -- we've gone from packing about 1.5 inches to 1/8 of an inch. I guess that is a LOT of healing! :o) However, I am destined to wear the white patch for a while (probably a good while) longer. He wants to continue packing it 2-3 times a day (I guess the more we change it, the faster it heals??), but Dave will do that now since it is not anywhere near as deep. He said that we will know when it is time to stop when the packing just lays even with my skin. I asked him about plastic surgery to fix where this scar will be - what he thought the probability would be and he said 100% (but then he said we would just wait & see). He also said that I can start working out again. Cindy is very happy - I think I am, I just don't know about getting up so early again!! :o) He said he would see me in about 3 weeks, but since I have an appointment to see Dr. Byrne in Baltimore in July, he said I could just follow up with him. Of course he said that if I needed him for anything that he was just a phone call away (& would gladly do the repair work if needed). He is a very nice man. The girls are still in the pool (9:30) with Dave - that's another thing - I can't get in the pool - glad the girlies can all swim and I can just watch them from the side! They did get out for a little while to eat, but they will sleep GOOD tonight! We will enjoy the rest of the weekend with family and graduation activities! TTFN!! :o)

2 things that make me smile:

Anonymous said...

we luff positive news, Kay! Sounds like things are "swimmingly" good! (hit me for that later!)

Question... I know Vitamin E oil is fab on scars (I used it on my thyroid scar and now, no one can see it).... maybe a thought once your scar happens instead of plastic surgery? I dunno.... just a thought.

Have a great time at the graduation... give Dave and the girlies hugglez from me... and keep a few for yourself :)

Onward and upward, hun! you're doing fab! :)

xo
Phyl

Anonymous said...

Hi Kay,

I'm just catching up on your blog - wow what a long road this has been for you, but you look great! I'm so glad you shared the before and after pictures - not only does your smile look great, but so does your new "do." I'm glad you're haning in there and are getting some good news.

It sounds like you are terribly busy with the girls' schedules. Do try to set some time aside for you to rest so you can continue to get better. I know it's hard, but it's so important. I continue to keep you in my prayers. All my best.

Shalla