Friday, May 2, 2008

Home Again, Home Again...for a day or so!

We are back home -- we had a couple of delays, but thankfully they were holding the plane for us in Dallas. We got here in time to see the 2nd half of Addi's basketball game and then rush home to do an IV. (I have to say that is getting a bit old! I KNOW Dave has to think that -- especially since the last 2 mornings we have had to do them at 4 and 5!!) I have an appointment in Houston on Monday morning so I will fly out again Sunday afternoon. The Dr. is leaving for Russia on Friday and he knows (HE remembered me mentioning Thursday) that I have Kendie's Mother's Day Tea on Wednesday and did NOT want to miss it. Dave DID learn how to pack it and said it wasn't too gross or anything, but we had a friend, who is a home health care nurse, come over tonight to "supervise" -- she did it because Dave just wasn't as steady as he wanted. However, she used 2 hands and Dave was trying to do it like Dr. Brissett taught him with only one. Kristen is going to come back in the morning and I think Dave wants to try again & do it her way & see how he does. I told her we would just pay her -- it would be worth it if we can just get this fixed once & for all!! We could have stayed in Houston, but for once in my life, I packed not one slightly extra (OK, ONE pair of undies) thing but mainly we didn't have extra IV antibiotics! The culture that they took here last Monday came back today & guess what? NO GROWTH -- who knows when they will take me off this thing!! Gotta get to bed!

6 things that make me smile:

Lara said...

...yeah, but when is your new hair appointment! :) ~L-A-R-A

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're really racking up the frequent flyer miles! Maybe when you're all better, you can cash them in to go somewhere fun and relaxing with the family! Maybe Nashville!

Glad to hear good news!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hi Kay,
Yes, I believe in Magic and Miracles, especially if you get this blog.
I have tried everything!
This is a test.
Dara's Mom-in-law Judi, if this works more to follow.

Anonymous said...

ok, me thinks you need to take those frequent flyer miles and come to Boston for the next ANA brunch with apple dumplin's..... and that way, I can give you proper healing hugglezzzz. Kay, I have to admit that my admiration for you and your mental strength is overflowing..... you are one amazing woman. I'm keeping those prayers and healing thoughts coming your way! Hang in there, hun!

xo
Phyl

Anonymous said...

Kay,

I went back to work a week ago and therefore haven't been online much lately so I'm just catching up on your last few blog entries. I'm sorry that you're experiencing so many bumps in your healing process. I hope and pray that all is going to turn around very soon for you. You are an incredibly strong and inspirational person. Keep your chin up and know that this will be behind you soon. All my best.

Shalla

Debbi said...

Kay-

My dear, I leave for a few days and look what happens! I can't believe what has been going on in your world. You and Dave both deserve special medals - and you deserve a lifetime of perfect health from now on! I am keeping you close in my thoughts and prayers. I will check back on your blog to see how you are doing (with my one good eye and my one pirate eye!)

hugs
Debbi