Friday, January 18, 2008

New Community

I feel kind of strange writing this because I would not EVER want to minimize the wonderful friends and family that have supported me ALL during and since my surgery. I have the most wonderful & supportive husband and extended family and great friends -- I couldn't be more blessed! They have helped me get on with my life and overlook all my "inadequacies" like you wouldn't believe. However, now that I have been visiting the Acoustic Neuroma Forum, I must say that it is nice to be able to communicate (or just read about) with other people who have experienced the same things. That saying is true that until you have walked a mile in someone else's shoes, you don't really know what they are going through. (Kay paraphrase) No matter how much someone wants to be there for you, until they have been there themselves, they can't truly know how it feels. I can only hope that I can always remember this when dealing with others. One of the most important things that I have already learned from others with AN is that I have it really good!! I've always known that there it ALWAYS someone else who has it worse, but I needed to realize that there are a lot of people who had EXACTLY what I had and are much worse off. I feel so blessed not to have the HORRIBLE headaches that so many have to deal with all of the time -- some are even fighting for disability because they are so debilitating! Even though some would say that I haven't been that lucky, I feel like I am. I feel all of this is making me realize a few things and HOPE that I can be a better person!! :o) Thank you to all those who lift me up!!
Have a super weekend!

0 things that make me smile: