Monday, January 14, 2008

Girlies...

I thought that I would expound on why "girly" is such an important word to us and why I naturally chose it to be in the title of our blog. Incidentally, I LOVE the name and am very proud of myself for coming up w/it!! When Dave & I started dating, he called me his "Girly Girl" - which I loved! Soon, I was referring to all the girls I came across as "girlies" - mainly the ones in my classes. After we had our 1st child, I would tell Dave that "his girlies" loved him. As our family expanded, we were always blessed w/ girlies (a fact that did not bother either of us - we were just glad to have healthy babies since I had already had 4 miscarriages). One day I was driving down I-40 and I saw a bus w/ a HUGE CHICK coming out the top! You can imagine what a sight that was! Later, I found out that it was a national promotional tour for those Peep Chick marshmallow things, but of course, my happy, little brain was whirling! I thought, "I have my own little Chick Bus here!" That lead to me thinking that I should get personalized license plates that said Chick Bus (of course I had never even given a thought one to personalize plates before but now I HAD to have them). I think Dave thought that I had gone crazy -- but I know he has probably had that thought MANY times over the course of our marriage !! :o) However, when I told him about it, his response was not the positive, supportive one I had expected! First, he was not real thrilled about his wife & young daughters driving around in a CHICK BUS - nor did he relish the idea of driving in one when we went out as a family (OK, he had a point). Secondly, he wanted to know why all of the sudden I wanted vanity plates -- pardon, did you say VANITY??? That lead to a discussion on VANITY vs. (what I called) PERSONALIZED plates! (Hello, do you think you could have a face like this and still be VAIN?????????????) I stuck to my guns - I think I can be kind of stubborn when I get my mind on something - and came up with GIRLY*S. Now the teacher in me was really bothered by the fact that this was misspelled - I didn't change Y to I and add "-es" - there weren't enough spaces on the license, but I wanted those PERSONALIZED plates so bad I could learn to live with it! So that is the long & short of it...if you see (or nearly get hit by) a silver Honda van that has GIRLY*S plates - it's me. Please try to refrain from using foul language against me as I have small children in the car and by golly, I'm just doing the best I can-probably trying to put on some Polly Pocket clothes or pick something up out of the back floor while I drive!! Not really, I try to save that for stop lights! That's the story -- I think you can figure out the 3 and "curly" part on your own just by looking at the picture!!
Have a happy Monday!!

1 things that make me smile:

Scott & Erica said...

i love the pic. i have one curly girl and the others are just stinky boys! (they get mad when you call them stinky though!)
erica