Saturday, January 26, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!!


Today is my mom's birthday and in typical MiMi fashion, she met us at Addi's basketball game earlier. She taught high school here forever and is retired now, but ALWAYS busy. She NEVER stops - I don't think I ever even saw her watch TV growing up - the only time would be a Cowboys game and she would be behind the ironing board doing the ironing!! Obviously, I take more after my Daddy since I do NOT have trouble sitting down!! :o) She also goes to Southlake to see my brother and his family as often as she can - usually at the busiest time for them so that she can go watch as many of their activities as possible. I really don't think she ever missed an event that my brother or I were in and still goes to EVERYTHING that the girlies do! Even when my Daddy was in the last stages of Alzheimer's (before we had to put him in assisted living), she would come & bring him with her so she could see their games. She took care of him absolutely as long as she could (probably a little longer than she should have) and then has taken care of my Grandma every since she retired. She is without a doubt the most given person I have ever met and the most incredible role model for me. She has taught me that you just take care of people, whether it is the little old person at church that needs you to carry their purse or someone very close to you - it doesn't matter who. She helps me so much to get the girlies from one place to another. I always tell her that I certainly appreciate her help, but she doesn't have to do it -- I really think she just wants to and that is the way she is wired. I think she thinks, "Why should Kay have to do so much when I can help?" Whatever the reason, I don't tell her often enough how much I appreciate EVERYTHING she does. We LOVE you, MiMi!!

0 things that make me smile: