Friday, January 25, 2008

Basketball

We just got home from Addi's first basketball game of the season. She did SOOOO great (OK, she could have done better getting rebounds, but we have to have something to work on!) and played the whole game, except about 2 minutes. They had games last weekend, but since we were in Houston, we missed them. Our team was really not "on" yet in the 1st half, but did MUCH better in the 2nd and came back to win 19-12. WOO-HOO!! On the way home, I was telling her how proud I was of her and how awesome she did and she said, "Basketball must just be in my genes!" She knows that I used to play & that basketball is probably my favorite sport to play, watch or coach. However, I didn't have the heart to tell her that I wasn't that great - she will be MUCH better than me. She has that natural ability (but doesn't really work at it) - I did NOT have that, but I worked my tail off to get what little I had!! I can't even imagine what she would be like if she did have that "burning desire" to do better!! It will be interesting to see how it all turns out. She has already been asked to join a "club" team so I guess she will decide real quick this Spring if basketball is something she really wants to pursue. I will take some pictures and one of these days I will figure out how to put them up with the posts...Julie, help (once again)!! Actually, I think I may have just seen the icon - I'll do some experimenting (in my spare time - HA)!
Hope everyone has a super Saturday!

0 things that make me smile: