Saturday, January 12, 2008

Getting Started

I didn't really plan on starting a blog - at least not conscientiously - but I guess I kind of wanted to since I did!! I actually just went to the blogspot web page to see what it was all about and here I am. Who knows if I will keep this up...anyone who knows me well, knows that I don't always stick with things too well. Especially things that take up a lot of time! I guess what really got me to thinking was that I have been reading a friend's blog and they are in the process of adoption a little girl from Ukraine. It seems that there is a whole support system out there for those that are in or have been in that process. I had a (VERY large) brain tumor - an acoustic neuroma - about 12 years ago and I have always said that it would all be worth it if I could just help one person. Well, I think I have (at least tried to) over the years, but could a blog put someone else in touch with me that has no one else to talk to? I know nothing about this or how to do links or all that, but I am open to learning because I hope that I can help someone else. I have a wonderful, full life and God has blessed me with the best husband a woman could ask for and 3 beautiful daughters. There is always something crazy going on in our lives and everybody always says I should "write things down" so I'll try it here. So there you have it...we'll just give it a whirl and see what happens!! Wish me luck!! :o)

4 things that make me smile:

Kathy said...

Cool! I'll add you to my 'daily read' list along with Adam and Ryan...

I have a friend with a brother that had an AN and then a recurrence! Yikes! I'll send your link to her.

Keep writing!!

Kathy

Unknown said...

You Rock Kay! Does this mean my dream of you being on Oprah is one step closer to becoming a reality? You're a God's girl all the way and I'm very proud of you!

Julie said...

Hey Girl! Your girls are beautiful! :) The blog looks awesome - I'm so impressed! Did you figure out how to do links? When you are typing a post, highlight what you want to be a link,then click on that funny-looking green thing (by the Bold and Italic buttons). Then type the website in the pop-up window. For links on the side of your blog, go to "Layout", and "add page element" and it will give you all kinds of options. The more links you have, the more you will come up on google,etc, when people do searches for acoustic....(can't remember how to spell the bigger word! :)
Hope this helps a little! Have fun!
By the way, thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. It's great to be back in touch! Tell Dave hello!
Julie

junglemama said...

Your girls are so pretty! Glad you started a blog. :)