Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Grandma & Kendie



Since I've been quarantined to the house for over a week now, I want to take this opportunity to share this picture! I had it in the slideshow to the right, but it was causing the whole thing to mess up so I had to remove it. However, I LOVE this picture! My SIL, who is a photographer (link) in the LA area, took this picture last Christmas. We had all gone to see the Rockettes Christmas show and were waiting (forever) for the cars. This is "Grandma" (Dave's mom) and Kendie. Grandma is VERY special to us and a wonderful grandmother. Even though she has 14 grandchildren (we're numbers 10, 11, and 12!), she definitely has more than enough love to go around. She spoils the girlies something awful (& all the grandkids as far as I can tell) - but I guess that is what grandparenting is all about, huh? Even though we live across Texas from her (& Grandad-another picture and post later!), she always sends care packages at EVERY holiday and comes to visit or takes us on trips so we can all be together. They even got up early Christmas morning (this year), fed all the rest of the family, and then caught a plane to surprise the girlies on Christmas morning! Yet another wonderful example of how to parent and grandparent -- do everything you can to keep your family close! The girlies can't wait for your next visit, Grandma!

0 things that make me smile: