Saturday, October 4, 2008

Busier than usual...

Things are ALWAYS busy and crazy here, but it has been a bit crazier than usual. Tuesday afternoon we received word that they were transporting my 88 year old grandmother to the ER. She was conscious, but unresponsive, her BP was VERY high and she would not eat or drink. We think that she had another stroke and there was really not a lot that they could do for her in the hospital and so we took her back to the group home that she has been living in. They take INCREDIBLE care of her and we have been very pleased with having her there. We met with & set up Hospice care for her. She seems to still be aware of all that goes on around her and you can tell she tries to communicate with her eyes. They have been able to get a little bit of food/drink down her. Since my mom fell and broke her leg, we have kept her here with us most of the time so we can help her do stuff. She is unable to drive so I have been going back & forth between my grandma and the girlies - which I would have done anyway, but it takes a little longer with a walker/wheelchair!! LOL! We will make it, but please keep out family, especially my mom, in your prayers.

2 things that make me smile:

RaisingRowdyBoys, Missy said...

Hi Kay

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will pray for you and your family. You are such an amazing caretaker of you family, I really admire than in you!

Anonymous said...

Kay,
Boy! Not a dull moment, huh? You are so sweet to take care of your mother. My Mom is my VERY BEST FRIEND! I'm so lucky to have her. I will pray that God will heal her leg and will keep your dear Grandma in my prayers too.
Angie