Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hi-De-Do










Many of you already know that my sweet Hi-De-Do went to Heaven last Thursday night. We had her services on Monday - as Dave said, even God was shedding a few tears for us as it was raining. I feel so blessed to have had her in my life for as long as I did. She was truly a Proverbs 31 woman. Not only is she going to get to spend eternity with the precious Savior that she served so faithfully her whole life, but she is whole and can say all the things she couldn't really get out for last couple of years. More important than even speaking is that she is reunited with her sweetie of 67 years! What an example to us all. My brother & I spent many a night, weekend, & weeks at her house growing up and I can honestly say that I NEVER had anything for breakfast but homemade waffles...EVERY SINGLE MORNING...and not only that, she had the Smucker's flavored syrup that was too expensive for Mom to buy at our house. She always had strawberry for me and blueberry for my brother! Also, she took us to every Benji & Herbie movie when it came out. Yes, we know that we were beyond spoiled! In her last years, she would always do the dishes after we ate. She stayed with us a lot when Mom went out of town and NOBODY could get the counters and sink to shine like she did!
I love you Hi-De-Do - you'll definitely be missed at our house!

2 things that make me smile:

Texas Dimons said...

So sorry for you loss. I'm always glad for the wonderful people God puts in our lives...your one for me.
Jenn

Anonymous said...

Kay,
I can tell that you are a mirror image of your dear Hi-De-Do. You are making a huge difference in many lives including my own AND my kids. You have given me inspiration to enjoy every day regardless of what difficulties we may have. May your Grandmother have a wonderful reunion in Heaven with all of those that were waiting with open arms to welcome her including her husband. What a wonderful thing. May God comfort you and your family as you will miss and yearn for her. Love always, Angie from little rock