Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I became a STALKER...

...in the produce section of WalMart!! Yesterday as Kendie & I were finishing up our shopping, I saw a lady in the vegetables with a half-paralyzed face. I kept pushing my cart around trying to decide if I could say something. I finally did because she could see that MY face was not right either - it wasn't like I was going to make fun of her or something! I asked her what happened to her face and she replied, "I had some surgery and this happened," and she kind of motioned towards her head. I then ask if she had a brain tumor and she said,"yesssss" and I said, "an Acoustic Neuroma?" Of course by this time she is really looking at me strangely but she answered yes and I said "ME TOO!!" I couldn't believe that just out of the blue I saw a new someone that had undergone the same thing as me! These tumors occur to 1 in every 100,000. We stood there talking for a long time (Kendie was SOOO good) and then we exchanged numbers. We are maybe going to go to lunch sometime! A new friend that I have so much in common with...did I mention she is 82? I guess that is a little difference, I don't think we will be raising our kids together or anything, but I was still excited!! :o)

2 things that make me smile:

Debbi said...

Kay, LVOE the picture of you and Dave! And, I love your Wal-Mart story. Small world indeed, isn't it?
Deb

RaisingRowdyBoys, Missy said...

God puts people in our path to reach out to, but we don't always see. You weren't stalking, she just didn't see that God had put you in HER path-so you showed her!! Pretty awesome, girl!