Friday, November 21, 2008

Update on Sophie...or umm...Sport

So here is the update on the cat...I guess I wasn't very clear on my last post because when we decided to keep the cat, we brought it into the house. It's litter box is in the garage and it sleeps there, but it comes in the house in the day. One of the reasons Dave said we could keep it was that it was getting cold outside and he didn't want it staying out in the cold. It is a pretty good kitty - we had a few rough days there - it kept going to the bathroom on MY side of the bed (for me to discover a wet bed when I am ready to crawl in is NOT a pleasant thing!!). It started this when it was about to explode because the lid was on the litter box and the cat wasn't sure about that - HOPEFULLY we have that issue resolved now...after washing the comforter, blanket, sheets, and mattress pad on the sanitary cycle (glad I have it!)which takes 2 hours per load - 3 TIMES OVER!!! One of the thing I have realized is how grateful I am to have a front-loader washing machine so I didn't have to go to the laundry mat but HELLO...that was a LOT of time spent trying to get all that cleaned - time I could've have spent washing our clothing that we need EVERYday!! Anyway, on to more interesting things...you know the story of how Kendie immediately started calling the cat "Sophie"...I kept asking Dave if he was SURE the cat was female (I had my doubts) but since he used to work for a vet, I deferred to his knowledge. Well, he has decided now that "Sophie" is in fact, a MALE! Great, so now we have a transvestite cat with a collar that says "Sophie." At first, Kendie was in COMPLETE denial that it was a boy and continued to INSIST that its name was Sophie. We threw out MANY names, but finally settled on SPORT (short for Sporticus) because really, Sport could go either way on the gender scale of names...if we are still confused...poor cat, I KNOW it is!! We are still working on the whole dog vs. cat issues...I'll keep you updated! Always interesting at our house!! :o)

1 things that make me smile:

Sue said...

Might need to get Sport to a vet and get him neutered. He might be "marking" your side of the bed for a reason.