Saturday, November 15, 2008

Birthday Party

Remember how when they are little and you spend weeks planning the "perfect" birthday party, with all the NEAT extras that will make this the BEST party ever?? Well, I have done my share of that (especially with Addi's first few when the others weren't here yet) but yesterday afternoon I did the unthinkable....I planned a party for TONIGHT!! Yep - just over 24 hours! (Now I do have to pause & say that I did throw a quickie together for Kendie last year at McDonald's because all the sudden I was having that T3 surgery in Baltimore but that was kind of a special circumstance AND it wasn't this quick!) Addi's 11th birthday is Tuesday and I've discovered that is the age when they are just starting that whole awkward stage and not sure if they want a party or not. At breakfast yesterday morning I finally said, "OK, we HAVE to decide on this party thing." We had talked about just going taking a friend or two to the paint your own pottery place and then for ice cream - VERY low key. So yesterday when I picked the girlies up from school and was heading to Starbucks for hot chocolate (Fun Friday - we get a treat), I called one of her best friend's mom & was asking if we could take her to Brush With Art. All the sudden Addi said, "WAIT! I don't want to do that!" I about had a wreck - hadn't we just gone over that a few hours earlier?? I told the mom I'd have to call her back (good thing she my good friend & understands girls) and tried to calmly ask Addi what she would like to do. She told me that she would like to go Midnight Bowling (they turn off all the lights and certain things like the ball and pins glow in the dark-good thing!), which at least is something we had talked about before. We called the bowling alley and found out that they only offer that on Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday nights - thank goodness it starts at 8 - so we picked TONIGHT!! The most surprising thing is that all 3 girls are able to go!! Can you believe that?? I told the moms that I would come & get them and then we would probably go get ice cream or hot chocolate afterwards and then I would bring them home. How easy was that?? I told Dave about it after it was all done!! Maybe we'll have pictures later!! Wish us luck - I am a bit nervous about the bowling alley crowd at "Midnight Bowling" on a Saturday night!!

0 things that make me smile: