Friday, August 8, 2008

8-8-08

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMEE!! Today is Emee's 7th birthday and we are having her party tonight. It is a Hannah Montana party - I hope that it is "the best of both worlds!" It was supposed to be a backyard party, but I think it will be inside now as it is supposed to rain. Needless to say, we have to "pick up" and the girlies are not real happy about that! I hope to have a lot of pictures to put up after the party. Our camera was "misplaced" for a while so now that it is "found" we can have pictures again! I hadn't thought yet about how it was 8-8-08 - I'm really into thinking that dates like that are neat, but just hadn't thought about it. I am also SUPER excited about the Olympics, but didn't know that 8 was such a special number to the Chinese. Once again, you learn so much in the mornings at the gym!! Of course in my case, just watching the news is so beneficial - I just never do that - I can honestly say that I haven't watched TV at all this summer (except the news at the gym). Poor Dave, he will once again be an Olympic widower!! I LOVE the Olympics!! Actually, maybe he will watch more with me - I think he likes the Summer Games better than the Winter. Kendie has already watched some swimming trials with me so they "will help her be a better swimmer!" Incidentally, I wrote a post about us surviving our Family Reunion in Oklahoma, even though it was 106 degrees (HOT, HOT, HOT!) but I lost the post and didn't feel like writing it again right then! Kendie fell in the lake but remained calm & swam to where my cousin was & when he pulled her out, she said, "Sometimes those things happen..." We weren't outside right then - she had been on a walk with an older, responsible, adult cousin and Kendie didn't come in & tell us they were back - just went to the dock to fish...NOT what she was supposed to do! Anyway, I found out much later that she kept her fishing rod in her hand the whole time - just swam with it!! I think that is so funny! Dave had been concerned how the girlies would do in the water with their clothes on...guess we know one girly will remain calm, cool, and collected!! Better go get busy! Have a good 8-8-08!!!

0 things that make me smile: