Friday, August 15, 2008

Hyatt Hill Country

Today we are leaving for our last get away before school starts. We are going to the Hyatt Hill Country outside San Antonio to meet up with all of Dave's family. There are usually 25 of us when we all get together, but I am afraid some will be missing as they will be wrapping up summer jobs or heading off to college. Still, the HHC will not know what hit them, I am afraid!! Last time we went, when my MIL went into the little snack shop and was charging something, she heard one of the ladies behind the counter say to the other, "This is the REAL Mrs. ****!!!" That is scary!! Believe it or not, I have most of the packing done - just not in a suitcase yet - we packed as we watched the Olympics last night. WHOO-HOO!! Way to go AMERICA and especially Nastia and Shawn!! OK, funny story: Last time we went to the HHC (we didn't go last summer), we were all in the dining room at breakfast. (You just kind of throw something on and tumble in because you change into your bathing suit right after that & spend the whole day at the Lazy River.) I saw a girl a couple of tables over and kept thinking that she looked familiar - I decided that she must have gone to college where I did because I just couldn't shake the feeling that I knew her. I was about to get out of my seat to go over & ask her if I knew her from school when it hit me who she was. It was Mary Lou Retton! HELLO, how stupid would I have felt if I had made it over there? She would've thought that I was just some groupie thinking I had a good line into meeting her! We saw her on the coverage last night and I told Dave that I guess we wouldn't have to worry about her being at the HHC this year! Also, I told Dave that I bet public high school had started or will start before Shawn Johnson gets back and I wondered if she would get an excused absence for missing the 1st few days? Dave said he wondered if she would have to have a Dr.'s note or if it was OK that the WHOLE WORLD saw her on TV instead and knew what she was doing!! LOL!! I was so proud of them both! Well, I better close so I can go get a few things done and then it is off for a couple of days of just floating around in the Lazy River, playing on the sandy beach, enjoying family, and hopefully some time for the big girls at the SPA!! Thanks again to wonderful grandparents who do everything that they can to provide times for their family to stay close, connected & involved in one anothers' lives! Pray for SUNSHINE!! :o)

1 things that make me smile:

Anonymous said...

not only am I praying for you all, but I'm praying for the hotel and have raised some (not much, but some) bail money to spring you ... just in case! Have a FAB time!!

xo
Phyl