Friday, August 22, 2008

Last Day of Summer...

Today is the last official day of summer - of course, we still have the weekend before school actually starts on Monday, but today is the last weekday. I think that the girlies are very excited and ready to start, but I can honestly say I'm really not. I have never been one of those mothers that is ready to get them out of the house because she "needs a break." I truly enjoy spending time with my girlies. Yes, there is the occasional times when I wish they wouldn't fight or squabble, but overall we have a lot of fun just hanging out (I think). We were on the go so much this summer that I never even heard "I'm bored!" - I do think it helped having them brainstorm & make the "I'm Bored" jar and come up with the consequences if they said that too much - but we NEVER used that once!! We have to run to WalMart to get a couple of things for school. I pre-ordered the supplies this year which was nice except some of the things are kind of weird - Addi's "pencil bag" is really a red bank (money) bag - I am NOT going to make her use that when everyone else (who purchased their own supplies AND the others w/ mothers like me) will have a fun, cutesy one! Also, I tried to make sure of the brands on the list (some brands do just last better than others). Emee & Kendie's markers are Crayola but Addi's is some weirdo brand that I have never heard of & the last time we pre-ordered they didn't work but a week. I want to pick up the stuff NOW while it is on sale! I think that we are going to the pool too for the last time this year this afternoon. We had a great time in San Antonio. It didn't rain until Monday as we were preparing to go to the airport. It was really overcast the other days, but that didn't stop us so the girlies really enjoyed the Lazy River. Dave & I both got massages - heaven! Emee had another birthday party and finally got the much coveted Hannah Montana wig!! I'll get pictures up later! The last day of summer is slipping by me...

0 things that make me smile: