Monday, July 28, 2008

Trip to Baltimore

Addi & I went to Baltimore (a couple of weeks ago now) for my check-up with Dr. Byrne who did the T3 surgery for me on March 28th.
He was VERY pleased (as am I) with the results, especially since I had so much trouble. He said that I probably lost a couple of mm's since we had to reopen it and said that they could "tighten it up" but I think I will stay away from the OR for a while! I will follow up with my eye doctor here about readjusting my weight as it seems to have "slipped." Even though this is surgery, it should be no problem - I have had it done 4 times already with no problems except bruising (I don't feel that side). He did say that I have some synkinesis - this is usually something that people are NOT happy about, but I am ecstatic! After having NO nerve movement for 12 years, I am happy about ANY movement - even if is not the desired movement. This surgery had NOTHING to do with nerves so there is really no explanation as to why I have nerve movement now. It is not too terrible - just a little movement of the corner of my mouth when I blink. I forgot my camera so Melynnn let us use hers and was a wonderful photographer for us! We had a BLAST with her - now she is a favorite with Addi too! WE LOVE MELYNN!! Thanks for driving us around and letting us stay with you!!
After the Dr.'s appointment, we went to ride the water taxi and hang out at the "Harbor." We also went to Port Discovery which is a great Children's Museum.

By the end of the day, Addi could hardly walk - I guess we succeeded in trying to think up activities that she would enjoy! The next day we slept in and then went & had a picnic on the campus of Johns Hopkins, went to Charm City Cakes (the cake place in Ace of Cakes on the food network - they won't let you in w/out an appointment and their cakes now cost $1,000!!!), IKEA (blast), shopping, to eat, and then to see Kit - which we all 3 LOVED! Here are a few pictures (I told you Dr. Byrne was a hottie! - he should be on the new show "Hopkins")!! There is also a great picture of Dr. Byrne at www.doctorbyrne.com








2 things that make me smile:

Anonymous said...

Kay, I've said it before and I'll say it again - you look amazing! Sounds like you had a nice trip to Baltimore! I love Inner Harbor and the Discovery Center! And I'm so jealous you went to Charm City Cakes!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Kay!!!!! Look at you!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! You look fabulous! Seems like yesterday you had the procedure done... Dave was helping to "pack" for you... what a time... but... LOOK AT YOU!!!!!!!! Congrats, congrats! Looks like Baltimore was well worth the trips (besides the Charm City Cakes!).. and if I had known, I would have had you creep a bit farther north to Bawsten to come get hugglez.

Kay... truly, I am tickled pink (for all of your girlies!) for you!

xo
Phyl