Thursday, June 18, 2009

Week without GIRLIES!


We seem to be surviving just fine without the girlies here. Monday night we went to dinner and to see a movie. YES, we went to the movies! We never go to the movies because when we do get to go out (which really isn't that often), I would rather spend our time together TALKING and being together, then staring at a screen! Anyway, we saw "The Taking of Pelham 123" - being that we never see movies (unless they are Disney!), I thought that it was really good. My only complaint was the language - I am not some Pollyanna Prude (even though some would disagree! LOL!) and know that people talk using curse words sprinkled in their language (even if I don't). I can certainly understand & deal with the APPROPRIATE use - and I understand that this situation would definitely bring that out. HOWEVER, this was just a deluge of the "F bomb"! Anyway, I enjoyed the story and suspense! Tuesday, we went for a quick bite to eat and then to our new photography class - oh my goodness! We actually took our cameras out and looked at them - even snapping some pictures to see what they did! (For those of you that don't know, Dave & I took a photography class from the same CC during the winter semester and NEVER ONCE took our camera out!! It was the BIGGEST waste of time - but at least Dave & I got to spend time together!) I think we already learned more in this one class than in 18 hours last time! The teacher is very funny and personable too! Last night (between the crazy storms), Dave ran a few errands and I got a PEDICURE (major treat for me) and then we met up for dinner at the newly reopened Bennigan's. Tonight we are going to dinner with some friends from church - I know it will be fun! I am keeping Rachel during the days so I am not just laying around eating Bon-Bons! I try to think of things that would be fun for her since the girls aren't here to play with her. Yesterday we went to eat with her dad and Dave and then I took her to Brush with Art to paint - today we are supposed to go swimming with some friends IF the weather cooperates!

Oh yeah, I am putting up a picture that I took the day the girlies were playing in the Slip'n'Slide - I am VERY proud of it!!

1 things that make me smile:

Clementine said...

Yea!!!! You did have a date and a pedicure!!!! Oh I'm so jealous. My toes need pampering so bad. Seriously, I'm glad you are having a good break from Mommyhood. When they come home, you'll feel so refreshed and ready to squeeze & kiss 'em!