Monday, June 15, 2009

The one thing I forgot & you can't buy it at Target!


So in my last post I talked about packing the girlies and not worrying as much about Kendie because whatever I forgot, they could just run to Target to get...well, yes, in theory that is correct EXCEPT the MEDICAL RELEASE & INSURANCE CARD that I have so diligently left EVERY TIME we have EVER left our children. Of course, it has never been needed - AT ALL - not even a sick trip to the Dr....until NOW! Yes, Saturday night I had just talked to Grandma to find out how everything was going (she & Eliot had just arrived that day). They were having a big cookout with everyone with hamburgers, homemade ice cream and swimming and Kendie was having a ball - we wished we were there too - all was well! Then just a few minutes later, my cell phone rang & it was Leah, "Aunt Kay, I'm just calling to let you know that my mom and Grandad are taking Kendie to the ER..." YEP - minutes after Grandma and I hung up, Kendie was getting out of the pool after jumping off the diving board and her foot slipped on the ladder and she hit her chin on the side of the pool! Poor baby! Of course, the first thing I said when I heard was, "OH NO - all she wanted to do was swim in Grandma's pool for 2 weeks!" My next thought was, "Oh my gosh - I didn't send a release or insurance card!!" I knew that if Aunt Kathy thought that they should go to the ER (she's a nurse) that it probably would result in stitches. Thank goodness, they were able to use superglue and steri-strips so she will be able to swim today or tomorrow! I talked to her Saturday night and then again yesterday and she sounded fine - she is such a trooper! Grandma & Grandad altered their plans for Sunday and they went to the Downtown Aquarium instead of going to a swimming party and all was well. In fact, I could barely hear Grandma Sunday night for all the the little girl giggles in the background!! :o) Kathy said that it should heal OK and not scar - I hadn't even thought about that! She reminded me that of course we have to be diligent about sunscreen this summer on the scar and I told her that I thought I could handle it - I know a few things about BIG scars on the face!! ;o) Oh yeah...did I mention that in the last 23 years with 14 grandkids - aside from sickness - Grandma & Grandad can't remember ever having to take a (bleeding) grandchild to the ER (can anyone else in the family?) - we are so proud to be the FIRST at something! :o)

3 things that make me smile:

Laura. said...

Hello!

Your girls are adorable! And your blog is really nice! :)

Laura.

Clementine said...

They are going to have a blast, - scars and all. Think of all the fun memories they are making with those precious family members! Love it, love it!

RaisingRowdyBoys, Missy said...

I am exhausted just reading your last few posts! So you have a few weeks to live as just a wife?! Wow...wonder how that would be again....enjoy it :-) BTW, those summer pics are awesome