Friday, December 12, 2008

13 Years!

Today as I was having coffee with some friends, I shared with them that 13 years ago today, I was lying on an operating table...and lying on an operating table...and lying on an operating table while my poor hubby (of just over a year) and our families had to sit in the waiting room for 14 hours! December 12, 1995 was the day I had my surgery for a "very large" acoustic neuroma. I have always said that I had the easy job - I just laid there! My friend reminded me that I would have to change the description of my blog. Even though I don't necessarily "celebrate" this day, it will be forever etched in my mind as a day to remember. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nostalgic (mainly for my smile) but I am glad of the person I have become because of it and THANKFUL that I am here today & have such wonderful family and friends! I love you all and I know that I would not have been to make it through the last 13 years like I have if it weren't for each of you and how you have helped in my life. Thanks one & all!! Of course, the biggest thanks goes to our incredible Creator who carried us along when we couldn't make on our own!

3 things that make me smile:

baldsue said...

(Happy?) Anniversary! Thirteen years without (bad) headaches?

Kay said...

I get the occasional headache but NOTHING like what I used to have to endure. I have found out on the Acoustic Neuroma Forum that many people (who didn't necessarily suffer before surgery) have debilitating headaches AFTER AN surgery - I am even more thankful for what I have now! :O)
K

Hrissy said...

Hey Kay,

it is Hrissy from Bulgaria writing!!

This somehow connects us!! if it were not for the AN forum I will not enter your life with these beautiful girls you have!!

I am glad I have found you!!

Hugs
Hrissy!