Monday, December 7, 2009

Super Long Time, No Post!



WOW!! Once again, I can't believe how long it has been since I posted...all I can say is that we live a SUPER busy life. I also think that since I have started writing stuff on Facebook, I update there more than on here. There have been so many things that I wanted to write about and post pictures, but I just haven't. A big one was that Addi decided to be baptized - we went to Abilene to a special spot on the ACU campus (she TOTALLY chose this on her own) and it was a very sweet time with family and friends. It was VERY spur of the moment so a lot of our family wasn't here but were able to call & talk to her, so that was good. Addi turned 12 and we had her whole basketball team (9) over for a birthday/team slumber party. OH MY GOODNESS...I have never heard such noise in all my life - it is a little different when you have active, competitive girls as opposed to girls that like to paint their nails and watch movies! We went & spray painted some cars (you're allowed to do that), chalking and silly stringing and then we came home where they played Truth or Dare (from an iPhone app) and I taught them Spoons. I think they all had a good time.
We went to Houston for Thanksgiving and were able to be there for almost a week. The girlies, especially Kendie, were SO EXCITED to get to spend time with their cousins from California. Kendie and Eliot are only 3 months apart in age and truly have a special relationship! They were able to play outside almost the whole time and Emee and Kendie FINALLY decided to ride bikes WITHOUT training wheels! I was a bit worried about taking the girlies out of school early (an hour Monday & all day Tuesday) until we were at the airport Monday about to board the plane when Addi said, "We watched Robin Hood in Language Arts, Elf in PE & Wall~E in Art today..." Great times were spent with family there - we had 29 for Thanksgiving (only 5 were not part of our actual family) and 27 for breakfast on Saturday morning for Grandad's famous biscuits! We flew out of 75 degree weather to snow...what a change! I did my first wedding Saturday as a "2nd shooter" - I was SUPER nervous but think I got some good shots. That was really all I was hoping for - my friend was the main photographer and I was just the icing on the cake trying to get some good ones at different angles. I am thinking of pursuing my photography a bit more and am talking to another photographer about helping her out and LEARNING more...we'll see how that goes.
Still haven't gotten the tree up this year, but I do have most of my shopping done...at least all the big or impossible to get things!! Better run...I have to go make copies and then an Area PTA lunch - I won't even bore you with the after school schedule - it is CRAZY! Stay warm, everyone - it is 16 here without the wind chill!

2 things that make me smile:

Clementine said...

Oh my goodness! I think you should TOTALLY go for the photography thing! I feel like I haven't caught up with you in so long. Speaking of photographers, I closed my Facebook account due to a photographer who posted my proofs to her account without my permission!!!! I was mortified. She also posted them on her blog. The only way I found out about it was that an old friend from high school emailed me to let me know that she liked them. Needless to say I was NOT happy. Facebook took up so much of my email inbox that I let it go. But I miss hearing about your precious family! I hope ya'll have a wonderful Christmas, and keep me posted about your photography pursuits - that's so exciting!!!!

Dara Freed said...

Kay,

Hi! Its Dara Freed! Merry Christmas to you and your family. I have not been on our blog site in forever and wanted to say Hi! You look fantastic and your family is adorable. I am doing fantastic-MRI fu showed all clear and brain matter is back in place from surgery. I am playing tennis and being a healthy active mommy.

I did have a quick question as well. My mom was just diagnosed with AN approx 1cm last week--crazy huh? Her only symptom is hearing loss and I have been trying to get her to go to Dr. for years. She lives in Pearland Tx. I wanted to know if you know any great doctors in Houston-that is where I thought you were seeing your doctors. I was hoping to get her into MD Anderson. She has seen her local ENT thus far and she needs to set up apt with otologist. I am also going to start researching more info on NF2 for heredity aspect on AN for my childrens safety. Oddly enough I have found out that 4 people in the neighborhood that I grew up in have AN's. Sounds like could be an enviornmental aspect as well.

I kinda feel like reliving the past through my mom. Thanks for listening and hope everything is awesome in your world. Your photography is great! Take care and God Bless! Dara