Saturday, November 7, 2009

Just another crazy Saturday

Just another crazy Saturday at our house...today marks the end of the Fall soccer season. Honestly, I can't say that I am too sad about this. Aside from the fact that since the time has already changed and we are unable to practice, I just don't feel like I have done justice to the team that Dave & I are coaching. We just got off to a really bad start (found on a Monday and first game was THAT Saturday & already had a jam packed week so we only practiced once) and have one girl that is a big challenge and makes it very hard to coach/teach the ones that really listen and want to learn. I realize that it is a lot like teaching, but with teaching, you have a little back-up and at least you get PAID!! :O) We are lucky in that we have a GREAT group of parents (most of the girls are great too) who have been very supportive and kind and, I think, are just glad that someone is coaching so that their daughters can play. Kendie's last game is today too - she is on the same team that she has been on every Fall and Spring since she was 4. They are really good for their age and have a superb coach (who also came & helped Dave and me out - kind of the deal if we coached but he sure didn't have to) who has 2 older soccer playin' sons and is really big in the soccer association - you can see his love of the sport and the girls in every game & practice. They have been the Princess Barbies (yes, I drive around with a pink sticker that says that on the GIRLY van!) but are currently in a name crisis - I bet that will settled in the next few seasons and maybe they will pick a more "fear instilling" name!! Emee has ice skating today and will miss the warm-up but since there is hardly any ice time this month, we want her to get what she can out of it. Thank goodness, MiMi is willing to take her down there (Dave & I will be playing coach at the end of our last game & didn't feel we should run off this time). The ice skating lesson ends at 3 and that is the same time as Addi's basketball game. We will race home & Addi will change so we can get her to the gym by 2:30. She is doing better & better at BB, but still having trouble catching the ball. She may just be a fumble-fingers like her Mama, but we have an appointment to get her eyes checked & talk to the Dr. on Monday afternoon. She wears glasses for far away and I am wondering if she isn't able to see the ball from far enough away to track it properly and catch it - I'll let you know about that one!! Off to get things moving for today...have a good one!
Next up, coaching 1st grade girls basketball...now that is a sport I HOPE (think) I can do some justice to!! Only time will tell...

1 things that make me smile:

Debbi said...

I am exhausted just reading this! I am not sure how you - or other parents - manage all of this. Heck, it's all I can do to manage Willie and I most days... ;)