Thursday, November 5, 2009

This & That...

Well, once again, it has been a while...what can I say but Life Happens!! Soccer is finally ending this weekend - the parents asked if we would be coaching again. Probably not - I don't think that I do soccer justice and only agreed to coach because no one else would do it - hope someone with more knowlegde & skill will step up to the plate. I will be coaching Kendie's basketball team - those sign-ups will start next week but we have a little break before we start practices or games. I am really excited about this for many reasons: 1) I LOVE basketball and it is what I have coached (in MS) before & 2) they have NEVER done BB before - it will be a challenge but I think it will be a HOOT at the same time! After watching Addi's age, I REALLY want to start these girlies off with a very solid FUNDAMENTAL base. I am not the best coach and I wouldn't be effective at older ages, but I think the one thing I can contribute is my knowledge of good, strong basics! I'll let you know how that goes! Addi is still doing basketball - she has learned SO much from her new coaches (& has lost SO much weight - she certainly wasn't fat, but has toned down a BUNCH - she even got out a belt (which she HATES belts) because she couldn't keep her pants up!)! We are very proud of her as she is doing great in school and really learning time management with LOTS of homework and practices. Ice skating is going well - Emee will be skating at one of the breaks at a hockey game December 19th so they are working on that routine. OH and I forgot to mention that our little SpiderGirl has FINALLY landed a round-off back handspring on the floor...I wonder if the threat of no more gymnastics helped? Please don't think I am a mean mom about that - she could do it but "lost it" and wouldn't even try, thus the threat! She will probably start competing when they start that up again...IF SHE wants to. The other day when Kendie was frustrated with gym, I heard Emee say, "Kendie, don't you want to be in the Olympics anymore?" We have lofty goals at our house apparently!
Off to get ready for another PTA meeting...only the 2nd this week!
Have a good one!

0 things that make me smile: