Sunday, March 1, 2009

Off again,,,

I am once again trying to get packed to catch a plane this afternoon. I (notice the singular)am going to Houston to stay with Dave's mom and help out there until Friday. I think that I have all the plans laid out about who is picking whom up on what day and arrangements made! I feel like I am back in my teaching days and trying to get ready for a substitute teacher. I got good at doing sub plans and I guess that has come in handy for my home life!! I also have the girlies' teachers all e-mailed, laundry washed and groceries bought - can anyone think of anything I forgot? If so, you better call Dave!! LOL!! I know he will do a great job and everyone will be well taken care of!
On another note, we had a great trip to Abilene last weekend and enjoyed being with family and seeing old friends. Addi got an ACU sweatshirt that is VERY cute & that she loves (she is wearing it Tuesday for the TAKS test!) - never too early to start brainwashing them over good colleges! We had a wonderful lunch with our dear friends, Steve & Marilyn (aka "Banana Bob & Aunt Cherry) and were surprised that Alison & Chloe were able to join us too!! We need to spend more time with you guys - we sure do love you!!
Have a great week!! I'm sure I'll have stories after a week away!! :o)

4 things that make me smile:

Hrissy said...

I know you are already in Houston and I hope you do not have THAT much work!! I remember when I had my mom here in my apartment in Sofia after my surgeries. I was grumpy and picky at some moments and I really wish I were not like that! As a whole, though, I am glad I had her here. I am sure your m-i-l will appreciate it too!!
Did you cook for your several day absence from Amerillo? I should refer it to Dave!! :O))))
x

TREY MORGAN said...

Those girls ARE beautiful. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for your message you left. Was surprised to get anything at all, didn't think anyone would find my blog. Sorry i never got back to you sooner, just had a look at my blog and noticed i had a comment. I wrote that poem a while back and thought i'd put it on blog for others to see. Things have been difficult over the past ten years but I fight it all the time so do have a reasonably happy life ( I brought up my daughter on my own so thats kept me busy) I have lots of hobbies etc but it's the lonleness which gets to me most. Thanks again, be nice to keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can do a playdate this week for Aidan & Kendie's birthdays--I'll be in touch--Missy