Sunday, June 8, 2008

NOT MUCH!!

I was hoping to post pictures today of Addi's cute SHORT hair and of my band-aid-LESS face. Yes, you read that right, I went to church today withOUT the band-aid. However, Emee had a cast party from 2-4 & then rehearsal from 4-7 and we had a "Young Families" get together at church so I haven't been home. Addi is spending the night with my mom, since she FINALLY returned from her travels - she was gone for over 2 weeks. That is a long time for my kids to go without seeing MiMi!! Addi leaves at the end of this week for Kamp Kanakuk and so she wanted to spend the night with her before she left. Mom was supposed to get home today and when I called her last night to tell her that we were at her house bathing (even though I knew she wouldn't care), she said she was on the outskirts of town! The girlies wanted to spend the night last night but I made them wait because she was tired. We were bathing there because our hot water heater/pipes had a leak. The plumber worked today - he went into the foundation (I now have 2 holes in the laundry room floor). It is fixed now except re concreting - I was wanting new tile in there anyway!! :o) We will wait a while (& budget) for that - in the mean time, I keep a laundry "sorter" where the holes are so it won't be too bad!
Better run...wonder if I will make it to the gym in the morning...HHHMMMMM...

2 things that make me smile:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kay,

I have kept up with you through Dara's blog and am so glad you are doing so well! You look beautiful and I have enjoyed your sweet spirit and inspiration. I noticed on Dara's blog you were from big "A" town! We lived there for 3.5 years (Westcliff) and my husband grew up in Canyon. The kids are going next week to spend 1.5 weeks with them in Canyon. We used to go to Amarillo Fellowship Church and my kids are heading to Kanakuk in July! Small world. I will be in town June 22ndish? to pick the kids up. I sure don't miss the wind there! After Kanakuk we are driving to Houston for our visit with family (hopefully Dara will be coming) and then I will drive back to Colorado through Amarillo...again! It has been nice having your experience through this journey!

Blessings,
Michelle Canon
(Dara's sister)

Anonymous said...

k
Hi it is Dara! Your latest pics are amazing. You look beautiful and ready for an awesome summer with the girls. What a blessing your feeling better as well. Well get through this girl--hard part is over. Michelle is such a super person and her is her email: mcanon3kids@yahoo.com. I knew you two would hit it off after finding out where your from. Hope you have a great week-your so wonderful with your constant support. Thank you, Dara