Thursday, August 27, 2009

Dentist...

I have SO much to write about the last few weeks & even a lot of pictures but today I just have to get down about my dentist visit this morning. Back at the end of school or first of summer, part of my tooth chipped - not just any tooth, but the BACK of my FRONT tooth (on the side I don't feel). Since it was on the inside, I couldn't really see it but it felt (with my tongue) like a big chunk! This is EXTRA annoying because a) I was SO afraid I was going to become a "toothless" person & b) it was on the side I don't use and it just burns me up to have to spend all that money for something I can never use! Anyway, when I went for my cleaning, my dentist said he thought he might be able to fill it (YEA!) which he did today and it did not break off & cause further problems. So that was a little background...here is the REAL thing I wanted to post about today!

OFTEN, I get the question after someone has been to the dentist "IS THIS WHAT YOUR MOUTH/FACE FEELS LIKE ALL THE TIME??" This question does not bother me at all - in fact, it is nice that people think of me! :o) Well, I really thought about it today (as I was coming out of that AWESOME Happy Gas induced float) and the answer is NO! Yes, in a small way is it because if your face is REALLY asleep, then that is kind of how it is for me since I have ABSOLUTELY NO FEELING on my right side. However, where they put the shots, that side of my lip felt super big and like I had a fat lip (swollen) and that is NOT how the right side of my face feels! Does that make sense? Anyway, just thought that I would address that! Keep the questions coming - I don't EVER mind them.

PICTURE THIS: A girl with NO feeling on the right side and NUMB on the left - obviously I am not trying eating or drinking any time soon!! LOL! I'm HUNGRY too and I have yummy green chile sour cream chicken enchiladas left over from dinner at church last night calling my name too!!

2 things that make me smile:

baldsue said...

Great post!

I'm glad you're not toothless :)

I hope you got to eat your yummy enchilada, eventually.

Debbi said...

Kay, because I care so deeply for you, I would be happy to eat that enchilada for you. Yes, I am a giver, aren't I? How soon can you have it here? :)

Seriously, glad you got the tooth fixed. And, glad it wasn't a Dr. Mengele type of dentist visit!