Friday, July 3, 2009

Nothing...

I just realized that I haven't posted for a while so I thought that i better write something. Really, I don't have much to tell and I couldn't think of a good title...We are trying to get all the clothes put away from camp. You know, camp is really a LONG process - you get all ready, names in clothes, figure out 14 outfits (x's 2 girlies), pack the trunk, yada, yada,yada...and then when you get home it is MAJOR laundry - not just any laundry but VERY STINKY laundry!! When we were at the camp, I wondered why Emee's laundry bag wasn't very full - then I thought that it was because many of her clothes were still clean (?) but now that I am trying to put outfits together, I see that we are definitely missing LOTS of pieces. I am sure everyone in her Barn took something home with them as a reminder of my sweet girl. One thing was given to us that was in Lost'n'Found and so far one thing has been sent to us from the camp - wonder how much more they will find? I went to my sweet Hi-De-Do's house today to help do some work to get it ready to go on the market - I made Addi go with me and help. I worked on cleaning out a section of the yard that was a little lean-to that Pappop used to keep his lawnmower under - there were MANY other things that he had put there (I figure he was going to something with & then his health just got too bad) and then vines & weeds had grown over it. I had to pull out the vines and then drag out all of the "stuff" that was under it. Thank goodness it didn't seem as hot today - I think it was because the wind was blowing. Addi mainly carried stuff to the dumpster - from inside & out. When we got home, Dave had done the yard and I planted a few plants that I had gotten to "fill in" where plants had died or suffered too much after the last hailstorm. We are going to grill out tonight and then tomorrow I am fixing a brisket with all the "fixins'' & having my mom and a couple of families over. I am also making homemade ice cream. After we eat, we will walk down to the corner & watch the city fireworks display. You can see it from our yard, but better from the corner! What will you do this 4th of July?

1 things that make me smile:

Clementine said...

Mmmmm. Homemade ice-cream. Now there's a fun 4th tradition! Have fun!